Strengthens Nervous System, Reduces Stress, Regulates Blood Pressure, Helps Sleep…
This is a one great remedy (tincture) that I have been using on some rare occasions as needed! My mom’s friend gave the recipe to my mom and my mom shared this recipe with me. Thank you mom!
I like to recommend Nervous System Tonic to everyone because it simply works! My mom-in-law recently lost two of her close relatives, so I shared a bottle with her. I would say that even if you are not experiencing any stress in your life as of right now, it is a good idea to make some to keep in a First Aid Kit for just in case.
*Translated this remedy from Russian to English.
**I bought all the ingredients at the Russian store “Kiev” on Nevada and Sprague (for those of you who lives in Spokane, WA)
- Motherwort Extract (Tincture)-25ml
- Hawthorn Extract (Tincture)-25ml
- Peony Extract (Tincture)-25ml
- Eucalyptus Extract (Tincture)-50ml
- Mint Extract (Tincture)-50ml
- Corvalol (Tincture)-25ml
- Valerian Extract (Tincture)-25ml
- Siberian Ginseng-25ml
- Cloves-10g (dry form with buds)
***I was able to find the above ingredients online as well, click at the links above to see where.
****Keep the little bottles from the tinctures above so that when the “Nervous System Tonic” is done, you can pour it back into them for storing. The bottles are tinted and also got a very nice inner caps in them for counting the drops. 🙂
Other Things To Have:
- Canning jar
- Foil (To wrap the jar)
Mix all the liquid ingredients together in a canning jar by the right dosage. Add dried clove buds – 10g to the mixture. Cover the jar with a lid, then cover the jar with a foil (to keep it from direct sunlight). Put a label with time and date on it. The mixture needs to set for 10 days, shaking the jar every day.
*****If you don’t have a weighing scale to weigh the cloves – 4 teaspoons equals out to about 10 grams.
On the tenth day, strain off the mixture from cloves and pour it into the same bottles that you have poured out extracts/tinctures from.
Take 25 drops and mix it with a small amount of water – for up to 3-4 times a day. It’s okay to drink more water after that if needed. Take for 25-30 days then take a break for 10 days. After a break you may start taking it again. You may try to only take it at the bed time to help with sleep and relaxation.
It is okay to give some to kids for up to 1-8 drops or so depends how old the child is. Use it at your own discretion or the discretion of the parents.
Store it in a room temperature (50F-70F), dark place-away from children. Do not keep it in the refrigerator.
- Provides sedative effect to the central nervous system
- Regulates blood pressure
- Reduces stress (provides calming effect)
- Helps with sleep disorders
- Relieves anxiety
- Irritability (helps to calm down when crying)
- For neurocirculatory dystonia
- Cardio-tonic (slows heart’s rhythm and strengthens heart’s contractions)
- Helps with menopause symptoms
It would not be extra if you also added contrast showers to the routine, as contrast showers helps with all the symptoms listed above if done for prolonged period of time.
I know some people to whom Valerian Root works the opposite. For those people it is okay to avoid putting Valerian Extract into the mixture. It will still have a strong effect in relaxing and toning the nervous system.
- This tonic will increase the sedative effect in other drugs if taken together which may result into negative effect on a nervous system.
- Do not use if allergic or may be allergic to any of the ingredients above.
- Not recommended for pregnant and nursing women as it contains Ethyl Alcohol.
- Not recommended to drive a vehicle or operate any machinery, or anything that requires a fast acting reaction while taking this tonic.
- If this tonic won’t help you from the symptoms listed under “uses” within 3 days, it is recommended to go see a specialist.
Word from me:
We all know that life is not all about roses, it sometimes brings thorns as well. We lose our loved ones, lose a job, or what ever it may be you name it… Or if you simply had a hard day and you find your self laying in the middle of the night staring at the ceiling, you might want to reach for that tonic.
In my case, it helped me and my family during the grieving times for our loved ones.
I hope that this easy to make “Nervous System Tonic” will be a blessing for you and your family during hard times when/if they come. I wish that hard times would never come your way though. 🙂
******This remedy has not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to treat or cure any disease.